At Express Benches, we are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information when you deal with us.
Only with your prior knowledge and consent, will we ever collect personal information from you. If you choose to, you can use our website without disclosing any personal information.
We will only ever use personal information collected from you for the purpose it was collected. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party except when this is required to facilitate a service requested by you.
Unless required by law, we will ensure that your personal information is not disclosed.
Like our main business partners, we have implemented security technology and policies, rules and measures to reasonably protect the personal information under our control against unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
When no longer required, we will remove all personal information from our systems except for archiving purposes.
What information is collected by Express Benches?
To carry on our business and provide our services, we may need to collect personal information from clients, customers, contractors and other third parties. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The personal information we collect includes:
Specific circumstances in which we collect such personal information is outlined below:
- when you contact us with a query
- when you place an order for goods that require delivery
- when you conduct a transaction
- when you participate in our direct marketing, including any surveys and other types of market research
- when you enter a promotion or contest hosted by us
- when you subscribe to our mailing list
- when you register your details on our web site
- when you register your interest in a particular service provided by us
- when you apply for a job with us
Financial information collected from you will be used by us for approving transactions, transferring funds and invoicing for goods and services. This information will be stored away securely on our servers in controlled facilities to protect against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the following when we collect personal information from you:
- who we are
- your right to gain access to the information
- why we collected the information
- the type of organisations to which we usually disclose the information
- any laws requiring the collection of the information
- the key consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected
How is information used and disclosed to others?
We may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which the information is collected, namely, carrying on our business, which may include provision of services to you, including:
- administration of services
- notification of changes to our services
- record-keeping following termination of our services
- technical maintenance
We may also use the information for a purpose related to the primary purpose for which the information is collected, and where it is reasonably expected that we would use the information in such a way.
Such information is only disclosed to persons outside our business under circumstances as set out in this policy, with your informed consent, or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
Further, by law we are permitted to use or disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety
- where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities
- where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process)
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body
- where you have requested a service (for example, installation, assembly or hire of a product) and we are required to disclose the information to an installer in order to facilitate the provision of the service
Can you deal with Express Benches anonymously?
You may deal with us anonymously only if it is reasonably practicable for us to deal with you acting anonymously or using a pseudonym.
Will your information ever be used for direct marketing?
From time to time, we may use information collected from you for the purposes of direct marketing, which forms part of our function and business activity and which promotes the goods and services we provide to you.
Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, sending to you and/or contacting you in relation to promotions and information about our goods and services.
You may opt out anytime by clicking on the relevant opt out link in our direct marketing correspondence or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can third party websites collect information about you?
Our website may contain links to third party websites, which may collect personal information from you.
We encourage users of our website to be aware especially when they are leaving our website, and to read the privacy statements and policies of third party websites linked to our website.
We are not responsible for collection of personal information from third party websites.
How is your information secured and stored away?
We place great importance on the security and storage of your personal information.
The personal information we collect from you is stored securely on our servers in controlled facilities to protect against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
When personal information collected form you is no longer required by us, it is de-identified or destroyed securely.
If we have collected your contact or financial details, we will retain same for verifying your identity and any transactions as well as legal and accounting purposes.
If we have stored your personal information in our computer systems, then this can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
As no transmission of data online can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot warrant the security of transmission of any data, therefore users of our website do so at their own risk.
Upon transmission, we make every reasonable effort to ensure security and storage of your personal information on our systems.
It is your responsibility to keep account information and passwords secret. You should act responsibly when using our website.
How can you access or correct the information collected from you?
We commit and take reasonable steps to maintain complete, accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our clients, customers and website users.
You can gain access to or correct the information collected by us by putting in a request via email email@example.com
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time up to thirty (30) days.
Upon receiving your request and valid proof of identity, we will provide you with access to or correct the information collected from you as requested.
If we reach a decision to not provide you with access to or correct the information collected from you, we will provide you with reasons.
What if you have a complaint to make?
Should you not be satisfied with the outcome of this, or we have not responded to you with a determination within thirty (30) days of contacting us, then you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Is your information ever transferred overseas?
We do not usually transfer the information collected overseas, however if we ever need to, we will do so insofar as it is permitted by law.
How is your information collected from our website?
When you visit our website, we collect information about you using internet files.
Our system will document your IP address, date and time you visit our website, pages you view and information you download.
This information will only be used for site analysis and to help us provide you with improved online services.
What about cookies?
To ensure that our website can carry out the functions that you expect when you visit, we manage our website by using technology commonly referred to as “cookies”.
Cookies are small pieces of data that our website sends and stores in your web browser that we can refer to later.
They are either necessary for the functioning of our services, help us improve our performance, give you extra functionalities, or help us to serve you relevant and targeted ads.
You are free to block, delete, or disable these technologies if your device permits so. You can manage your cookies and your cookie preferences in your browser or device settings.
This will ensure you will always be aware of what information we collect from you and how we use and disclose the information.